There are very many sufferers asking 'how can I get rid of snoring?' and who can blame them when snoring can have such an impact on, not just health, but relationships as well? Here you'll learn of 5 simple ways you can get rid of snoring at night...
Getting rid of a bad snoring problem is important for both you and your sleeping partner. When one of you snores badly, you both suffer from lack of proper sleep. And not getting enough sleep affects how you feel, and what you are able to do, during the day.
Sleep deprivation causes things like fatigue, irritability, lack of concentration, etc., during the daytime. And these are things that can affect you socially and in the workplace. In addition, it can cause your auto-immune system to become compromised, leading to health problems and infections. Which is why you -- or your partner? -- need to get rid of snoring.
There are numerous ways to eliminate snoring, but in this short report I highlight several which I believe to be pretty effective. So, in answer to your question of 'how can I get rid of snoring?' here are 5 ways that you can use to help prevent snoring and get a good night's sleep:-
1. Raise-up your bed to help alleviate snoring. Put some bricks or similar under the legs at the top end of your bed. Make them high enough so that the whole of the upper part of your body is raised, not just your head.
2. Ditch your pillow. When you sleep with a pillow you can effectively put a kink in your neck. This tends to restrict clear airflow through your main airway, causing snoring. So try sleeping without a pillow. Alternatively, you can get special pillows that are especially sculptured to help keep you neck from 'kinking.'
3. Stop taking sedatives if you are a heavy snorer. Check with your doctor first if they have been prescribed. Sedatives relax the muscles and associated tissue around the airways, which then tends to trigger snoring.
4. Lose weight if you are overweight. People who are overweight tend to have more tissue mass around the neck and jowls. This can make your snoring much worse. So talk to a dietician or your physician about a healthy diet. And exercise everyday.
5. Sleep on your side. Many snorers stop snoring when they are on their side, but the problem is that they spend a good deal of the time on their back. So sew a tennis ball on to the back of your pyjamas. This can help to move you automatically on to your side whilst you sleep. But there are also snoring aids that you can buy that do the same. Try your pharmacy or even online.
Hopefully these tips can go some way in answering your plea of 'how can I get rid of snoring?' But, as I mentioned earlier, there are many more ways to eliminate snoring at night. And the more info. you have on these the more likelihood you have of eliminating your snoring...
Article Source: http://www.bharatbhasha.net
Article Url: http://www.bharatbhasha.net/family.php/374021
Article Added on Saturday, June 9, 2012
|family >> Top 50 Articles on Family|
|Category - >|