Dressing up your windows with curtains are a cheap way to enliven a dull living room or any room at that at the same time it is also one of the best way to block out the sun in your bedroom, help in control air cooling, it can give privacy to your home. Defending in your mood, style, preferences and personality you can choose from different varieties and styles of your curtains. You can go for simple designs of fabric or those that are elaborate with different loops, pleats and styles to suit your taste.|
The things to be considered in buying or placing your curtains are:
1. The location of the windows – where are you going to place the curtains? Is it in the living room, bedroom or other parts of the house?
2. The heading of the curtain that you which to install. The heading is the top most portions of the curtains. Do you prefer valence that will give a layered treatment on the window or you prefer simple lines instead.
3. The fabric that you will use – in this, you must consider the ease of washing and color of the fabric. Heavier fabrics adds formality to the room and the darker the color adds formal touches around the area. It is important that curtains and walls create a balance of color. On the other hand lighter fabrics creates drama and coziness on the rooms.
4. Color of the room – again personality plays a big part of the design and effect. The color of the curtain should coordinate with the room that the curtain will be placed. Color coordination plays a crucial part in attaining an overall look that is pleasing and elegant.
5. The design and style – there are many designs that you will choose from, just keep in mind where are you going to place the curtains, and how will you use it. Will it be used to help block out the ray of the sun for proper sleep and relaxation? Will it be used to help in sealing in the air conditioning system of the room or for privacy reasons?
6. The personality and preferences – if it is going to be installed in the girls room or masters bedroom consider the choices of the people using the room.
7. The length of the curtain – there are curtains that are from ceiling to floor covering, or those that are window length, or those that are from above the window to floor coverings. A must to be considered in the length is the height of the ceiling of the house to make a dramatic effect and balance in the house.
A good curtain adds elegance, increase artistic and aesthetic value of the house or adds coziness to the home. By coordinating everything from furnishing, matching color, patterns, lights, decorations and style you can create the perfect elegant window curtain treatment for your home décor that will make your home cozy, elegant and have a warmth around you.
Article Source: http://www.bharatbhasha.net
Article Url: http://www.bharatbhasha.net/home_improvement.php/96740
Article Added on Sunday, September 21, 2008
|home improvement >> Top 50 Articles on Home Improvement|
|Category - >|