Rotary trimmers come in a lot of different sizes and vary in degrees of quality. If you've been searching for a wide-format, high-quality rolling cutter for your office, there's a new product you should consider: the Fellowes Atom Rotary Trimmer. Here's all you need to know about this device, including its strengths and its weaknesses.|
* There are two Atom models and they each have their own cutting length. The 180 can cut items that are up to 18 inches in length while the 150 can work with items that are 15 inches long.
* Each unit - no matter what the cutting length - can slice through 30 sheets of normal copier/printer paper in one go. This is a very good amount, one of the highest available for this type of cutting device.
* In addition to 20 lb. bond paper, the Atom can be used to trim a lot of other materials including foamboard and cardstock. You can even cut through plastic sheets with this device.
* This product's blade is enclosed in plastic to prevent any injuries from occurring. The blade is fashioned from stainless steel and can be easily replaced, if necessary.
* There are a handful of features that make this product easy to use. First, the base is imprinted with a protractor for angled cuts, as well as a cutting guide so you can accurately trim your work. A paper clamp will keep your materials from moving around when they're being cut. And there's also a back edge guide that's totally adjustable and can assist you when you need to do repetitive cutting.
* This cutter will stay in place the entire time you're using it because there are non-skid feet on the bottom of it.
* Although the 180 costs a bit more than the 150, the price difference isn't that large. Therefore, buying the larger device will be doable for a lot more people.
* This is one of the most durable rotary trimmers available and it's constructed exceptionally well. It has a metal base that can withstand a lot of use and the entire product is covered by a very impressive 10-year warranty.
* Obviously this product doesn't have the same trimming capacity as a guillotine trimmer, so it's not the device to use if you need to work with a big stack of paper.
* Both of these devices are rather large, even the 150. The measurements of that product are 5" (height) x 14.75" (width) x 23.75" (depth), with the 180 being a few inches wider. These are definitely not the type of cutters you can tote around or keep in a desk drawer.
* The Atom trimmer is a product that looks very utilitarian. It lacks the polished, attractive appearance of other Fellowes cutting products, such as the brand new PowerTrim.
After reading this rundown, it's pretty clear that the new Fellowes Atom Rotary Trimmer has a lot to offer anyone who needs this type of cutting device. So if your office needs a new rolling trimmer, consider buying this product today.
Article Source: http://www.bharatbhasha.net
Article Url: http://www.bharatbhasha.net/internet-and-computers.php/221545
Article Added on Friday, March 5, 2010
|computers and internet >> Top 50 Articles on computers and internet|
|Category - >|