It is essential to undertake some on page SEO analysis if you are to get a good search engine ranking. This means checking each page before publication to make sure it is optimised well for the relevant keyword.
Each page has its own ranking but it will help if the site as a whole is focused on a particular subject and there is good internal linking. It is also beneficial to have the home page keyword in the domain name.
On Page SEO Analysis involves checking the items listed below (this is not a complete list but does include the key factors) to make sure everything is as search engine friendly as possible.
On Page SEO Analysis - General Factors
* Add unique content on a regular basis and update old content.
* Use text wherever possible (don't put content or links in graphics).
* Don't use Flash or frames.
* Link out only to relevant sites which have a good reputation. Don't have too many outbound links and check regularly that the links still work.
* Start by using one keyword per page. You can have multiple keywords but this needs to be done carefully or you can end up diluting the effectiveness of the main keyword.
On Page SEO Analysis - On Page Factors
* Use the keyword of each page as its URL.
* Use the keyword as the title (in the title tag). An essential part of on page SEO analysis as this will put the keyword in the title bar and on the search results.
* Include the keyword in as many of the headings as possible (h1-h6 tags).
* Use the keyword in the first sentence of the content.
* Aim for keyword density is in the range 2-4% but don't force this if it makes the text a poor read for visitors.
* Make sure that each page contains at least one image with the keyword as the ALT text.
* Put the keyword in the metatags. These are not as important as they once were but a good description (to appear on the search results) is beneficial.
* Include other keywords in the text (even if you are not targeting them). On page SEO analysis of this difficult but search engines do look at words around the keyword to help assess how relevant it is.
* Highlight instances of the keyword (make it bigger, bold etc.).
* Use keywords as the anchor text for internal links.
WordPress users can use an SEO Plugin "SEOPressor" to automatically undertake on page SEO analysis.
Article Source: http://www.bharatbhasha.net
Article Url: http://www.bharatbhasha.net/search-engine-optimization.php/278236
Article Added on Friday, January 14, 2011
|SEOptimization >> Top 50 Articles on SEOptimization|
|Category - >|